Saturday, July 7, 2012

Two weeks left!!

Well I've spent about a week in Germany and I only have 2 weeks left!! After my last day in Amsterdam touring the Anne frank house, a guided bike tour and the Dutch art museum with Vermeer and Renoir. I met two couples one from Virginia and one from Australia. We went out a few times and it was nice to again meet people while your traveling!! After Amsterdam I went to Bielefeld a small town in Germany to visit my friend from the hostel I worked at in new Zealand. We went to their pride festival the next day after I slept in then the next day we went to a fort/ castle and watched the european soccer final at an Italian bar (which was sad because Italy lost to Spain) then we went to Berlin and my favorite parts were learning more about the Berlin wall and seeing that!! Otherwise we just talked a lot and walked around and ate food and drank in parks :). That's a great part of Europe is drinking in public!! I still always think I'm going to get in trouble but it's totally ok!! I have also had lots of "Koch" sightings (which in German is pronounced cock. So thats amusing). Went to visit another friend from new Zealand in Munster and he helped me jailbreak my phone. We walked around that town where the peace of the thirty years war was signed (fun fact). Then I had th strangest train ride yet which involved 5 different trains in 5 hours to get to Stuttgart to visit elise from my high school!! Tonight I'm taking the overnight train to Venice!! So 2 weeks in Italy, starting with Venice then Florence and finally meeting Alex in Rome!! I can't believe it's over half way done its been a great trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment